Free Home Value Report Search For Homes

Expert Tips for Home Buyers & Sellers

Our mission at Damon Gettier & Associates is to be your best resource for real estate advice. Whether you are a buyer, seller, or investor, our team of professionals can answer any questions you might have about real estate. Subscribe to this blog to get the latest news on local market trends and receive expert tips for buying or selling a home.

Watch Out for Zillow



Buying a Central or Southwest Virginia Area home? 
Perform a full home search

Selling your Central or Southwest Virginia Area home? 
 Get a free Home Price Evaluation

Today I'd like to speak about Zillow. A lot of people who are looking to buy or sell homes are turning to this site as a major resource. This website aggregates a lot of data from tax records and previous home sales, but it is usually not updated or very accurate.
 
The problem is that Zillow doesn't know neighborhoods, and it doesn't take into account HOA associations or the quality of school districts. Zillow Zestimates are wildly inaccurate, a fact that they do not deny. While Zillow may be a useful tool to help point you in a certain direction, you should not be using it to guide yourself through real estate transactions.


If you want a truly valuable resource, then I suggest simply contacting your local real estate agent. Your local agent can pull comparable values for your property, and they have their feet on the ground so they have the wherewithal to tell you what is actually happening in the real estate market.

If you need any assistance when you're buying or selling, please don't hesitate to contact me. I would be more than happy to help you out.

3 comments :

  1. I find zillow is more accurate than Realtor.com. I have been in my house over 8 years, and Realtor.com has never updated the information. I bought August 2007, they have info from 2004. Zillow at least is up to date.

    I have contacted you many times for a price evaluation on my home. You have never replied. I just figured you don't need the business. I am interviewing agents for putting my house on the market.
    The house is located at 6059 Chagall Dr.Roanoke, Va 24018, The Gardens Development off of Cotton Hill. If you would like to talk, my email is sail4wind@aol.com. Thank You, Amy Gill

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    This above post is very informative and is giving useful idea regarding real estate agent...Thank you too much for this post...
    real estate agent in sydney

    ReplyDelete